Previewing, editing and exporting results
On the Jobs Overview page, click on the title of a completed job to access results.
Preview results in spreadsheet view.
Click on any cell to view the original response field.
To edit the results in a specific cell:
1) Click on the cell you want to edit.
2) Click the “Edit” button.
3) Enter the correct value in the text box.
4) Click “Save.” The change will be saved within Captricity and in the CSV results file.
Re-Define Fields and Reprocess Data
Let’s say you notice that you made an error or ommission when defining a field on your form. Maybe you left out an answer on a multiple choice question or defined a field as “text” when it really should be “number.” It’s easy to make the correction and reprocess data in the corrected field without starting from scratch. Here’s how:
1) Click on the column heading of the field you’d like to re-run (“State” in the example below).
2) Click “Reprocess data in this column.”
3) A box will pop up. Edit the field name, type, or add special instructions as needed.
4) Click “Save.”
5) Click “Reprocess edited fields” to re-run the data in this field only. As noted, can’t “undo” the reprocessing action once you click the button. You will receive an email when the job is done.
1) Click “Export Data.”
2) Select whether you want to create a CSV or Google Spreadsheet file.
- If you select CSV, your file will either automatically download or you will be able to select where to save it depending on your computer and broswer settings.
- If you select Google Spreadsheet, the file will open in a new window and you can save it as a Google Doc.
NOTE for first-time Google Spreadsheet users: If this is your first time exporting Captricity results as a Google Spreadsheet, complete the following steps:
1) Ensure that pop-ups are enabled for shreddr.captricity.com. The process foe enabling pop-ups is a little different in every browser. In Chrome, clicking on the red “x” as shown below opens a window where you can save pop-up preferences.
2) If you have more than one Google account and receive the following notification, select which account you want to use for Captricity export files.
3) Click “allow access.”
4) Your spreadsheet should open automatically. If it does not, repeat steps 1 and 2 of Export Results (click “Export Data” and select “Google Spreadsheet”).