Captricity transforms paper, fax, and pdf forms into actionable data.
How does it work? There are just three basic steps:
- Upload a Batch of forms. Upload images or PDFs of the filled-in forms you want to process.
- Create a Template (or match forms to an already-created template). The Template tells Captricity what data to look for.
- Submit your Batch; let Captricity work its magic. When the batch completes, you’ll receive an email with a link to review & export your data.
This quick-start guide will walk you through all you need to know to complete each step. Still have questions? Check out the video at the end of this guide, browse our Support Forums, or email us at email@example.com.
Upload a Batch of filled-in forms
Once you finish uploading the documents, they will become one Batch in your Inbox. Before you can process the Batch, though, you’ll need a template, to guide Captricity in capturing data from your filled-in forms.
Create a Template
1. Upload a template document.
Click on “Templates” at the top of your screen to go to the Templates page. Find and upload a clean version of the documents you want to process. It is very important this version is a perfect match to your filled-in forms. If possible, it should also be blank.
2. Define fields on your template.
Draw boxes around the information on the page you would like Captricity to enter, and define the fields using the Tool Box on the right. All changes are saved automatically. Click “Finish” to move on.
1. Click to Process a Batch
2. Select Template
In the popup that appears, click on the template that matches your form. Then click “OK” to associate the Batch with that Template and create a Job for processing. (A “Job” is a combination of any number of filled-in forms uploaded to one template at one time. Each “Job” yields one batch of data, or CSV file.)
3. Submit the Job
You’ll have one final chance to review and edit your template (click “Edit Template”) or add more forms (click “Update Images”). If everything looks good, click “Submit” to start processing the Job.
And that’s it! Captricity will take it from here.
You will receive an email when your Job is complete.
To view and export your data, follow the link in the email, or log in to your Captricity account and click the title of the completed job. This will bring up your browse results page:
Want to see the steps above in action? Watch our quick Getting Started Video
- Running a job with a new template
- Defining fields in your Template
- Uploading images of filled-in forms
- View and Edit Results