Effective Date: January 28, 2015
Last Revised: January 28, 2015
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on this Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time-to-time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide to us will be used.
Safe Harbor Compliance
Captricity complies with the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, retention, and transfer of personal information from the European Union, and the European Economic Area. Captricity has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Captricity’s certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor.
What Is Personal Information?
As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as your name, user name or e-mail address), or information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or the Services or about a group or category of users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: We collect information from you in various ways when you visit the Site and use the Services. For example, we collect information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you use the Services, send us an email or provide or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your name or email address. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with leaving comments or sending an email to us.
Passive Collection: When you use the Site or the Services, some information may also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type and the address of a referring website. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve the Site and the Services. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features on the Site or the Services.
We may use Web beacons or similar technology on the Site. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Site or in emails relating to the Site to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Site, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through the Site and the Services for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Site. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide the Services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site and the Services;
- to respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze Site and the Services usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site, the Services and our users’ experiences on the Site and the Services, and to increase the Site’s and the Services’ functionality and user friendliness;
- to provide you with news and information about the services we think will be of interest to you;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site and the Services;
- to notify you about important changes to the Site and the Services; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not knowingly share the personal information we collect from you through this Site and the Services with third parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Site. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers“) who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Site or the Services and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Captricity, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public including without limitation to protect Captricity or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Site or the Services;
- to enforce or apply this Policy or our other policies or agreements; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Captricity.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with third party privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such third parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to Other Websites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse. To assist with the protection of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site and the Services by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.