We’re hiring passionate, energetic people to help us solve interesting problems with real-world impact. From federal government agencies to MIT’s Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab and non-profit activists, the organizations that use Captricity are doing amazing and important work that helps people and communities far outside the usual reach of Silicon Valley.
The team comes from all over, and we all share the conviction that what we do here has real, palpable impact on the lives of those who are much less privileged than we are. We believe that access to data can transform organizations and communities, and we work hard to make that happen.
Our investors share our passion, including Chamath Palihapitiya (Social+Capital), Jeff Fagnan (Atlas Ventures), the Knight Foundation, Dave Goldberg, and Mitch Kapor.
Compensation: You’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits, as well as equity befitting the responsibility of the position. More than this, though, the biggest thing we can offer is the experience of doing it and the chance to really change the world.
How to apply: Send an email to email@example.com with the name of the job in the subject line. Include your resume and a brief paragraph describing why you’re applying. Add anything else you think might help.
Frontend member of technical staff
Are you passionate about building great products with the user in mind?
We need you to build usable and beautiful interfaces that allow everyday users to control our complex data extraction machinery. You’ll hack on the entire stack, from Django to Backbone to HTML/CSS. Got UX chops? Even better.
We run a tight ship around here: that means code reviews, unit tests, and bi-weekly production pushes. The releases are now named after the “best cheese bands of the 80s” (of course after we exhausted historical figures with glorious mustaches A-Z).
- You have experience building and improving products with real users
- You have great taste and attention to detail to match
- You take ownership without being bossy, and get stuff done right the first time.
Intern member of technical staff
Member of field services staff
Whether in rural Namibia or Washington, DC, the Captricity field services team is the vanguard of many organizations’ digital future.
Also known as a consulting engineer or solution architect, the member of field services staff will:
- Design, implement, administer and support large Captricity deployments, and provide direct technical support for the planning, coordination, and implementation.
- Monitor and tune deployment performance, plan for capacity / workload.
- Regularly interface with technical and business customers, and serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
- Create and execute test plans, identify potential opportunities, and generally exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Consulting experience
- Ability to provide customer training when needed
- Effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Troubleshoot unknown IT systems
- Travel up to 50%, internationally
No position below but you still think you’d be a great fit? Drop us a line.