- Member of technical staff (Full-stack, with frontend emphasis)
- Member of technical staff (Test emphasis)
- Solutions Architect
- Sales Development Representative
- Customer and Operations Support Superstar
- USG Sales Hacker
We’re hiring passionate, energetic people to help us solve interesting problems with real-world impact. From federal government agencies to MIT’s Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab and non-profit activists, the organizations that use Captricity are doing amazing and important work that helps people and communities far outside the usual reach of Silicon Valley.
The team comes from all over, and we all share the conviction that what we do here has real, palpable impact on the lives of those who are much less privileged than we are. We believe that access to data can transform organizations and communities, and we work hard to make that happen.
Our investors share our passion, including Chamath Palihapitiya (Social+Capital), Jeff Fagnan (Atlas Ventures), the Knight Foundation, Dave Goldberg, and Mitch Kapor.
Compensation: You’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits, as well as equity befitting the responsibility of the position. More than this, though, the biggest thing we can offer is the experience of doing it and the chance to really change the world.
How to apply: Send an email to email@example.com with the name of the job in the subject line. Include your resume and a brief paragraph describing why you’re applying. Add anything else you think might help.
Member of technical staff (Full-stack, with frontend emphasis)
Are you passionate about building great products with the user in mind?
We run a tight ship around here: that means code reviews, unit tests, and bi-weekly production pushes. The releases are now named after the “best cheesy bands of the 80s” (of course after we exhausted historical figures with glorious mustaches A-Z). Periodically, we run challenge weeks where you demonstrate your creativity and make your own innovative projects a reality.
- Experience building great products with strong user-centric focus
- Proficiency with technologies like python, django, jquery, backbone.js, angular.js
- Good technical taste and attention to detail to match
- Get stuff done right the first time
Member of technical staff (Full-stack, Test emphasis)
Are you passionate about software quality? Do you love to poke holes and find faults and take pride in ensuring that everything works perfectly?
We need you to help build out our Test Engineering automation and increase our test coverage. We already have code reviews, unit tests and continuous integration, but we are not satisfied with where we are and want to take our quality engineering to the next level of sophistication.
Your responsibilities will include test design, test implementation, test execution spanning the full spectrum of whitebox, blackbox, integration, end-to-end, scalability and reliability testing. You must be able to code; this role encompasses much more than manual testing.
- Testing experience, especially with cloud-based software-as-a-service
- Experience with testing both front-end and back-end systems
- Proficiency with test automation tools and frameworks
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective communication and collaborative skills
Whether in a Manhattan-based Fortune 100 company, government agency in Washington, DC, or rural Namibian health clinic, the Captricity field services team is the vanguard of many organizations’ digital future. The solution architect is a senior, customer facing, technical member of the Captricity services team. The Solutions Architect emphatically listens to and works with (Medium to Enterprise scale) customer to understand their “As-Is” documents flow/environment including all steps in the document life cycle. The Solutions Architect leverages Captricity technology and resources to architect a modern cloud-based solution that captures digital data from all types of paper, fax, PDF, and other static documents. The solution architect helps the customer to migrate seamlessly and realize the benefits of Captricity technology.
The Solution Architect holds a leadership role in the field services department, mentoring field engineers and helping put in place processes and procedures to ensure successful repeatability of project work.
- Focus on the customer documents’ data extraction business problem and leverage Captricity technology and resources to architect and seamlessly deliver a modern cloud-based solution for document workflows.
- Participate in (Often lead the) process flow analysis to capture and validate the customer requirements and to produce a detailed functional design
- Produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration & validation requirements
- Create and execute test plans and lead the UAT efforts; monitor and tune deployment performance.
- Design, implement, administer and provide ongoing support for large and small Captricity deployments
- Regularly interface with internal and external technical and business customers, and serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
- Generally understand and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Mentor and lead a growing team of field engineers
- Travel to customer locations (up to 50%)
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement a technical solution and project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities.
Additional preferred qualifications are:
- Passion for customer success
- Experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Ability to provide customer training when needed
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Ability to troubleshoot unfamiliar IT systems
- Ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group; ability to break down complex technical topics into common language understandable by non-technical/business oriented audiences.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s for integration purposes
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Good judgment and possession of a pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Able to work independently and provide proactive leadership and mentorship
Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Rep will play an integral role in driving the growth of our customer base and revenue through generating qualified leads for our Mid Market and Enterprise sales reps. This is an excellent opportunity to start your technical sales career.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outbound calls to lead campaigns consisting of warm leads and cold calls
- Qualify inbound leads via phone, webform, and email
- Identify opportunities, generate interest, qualify, educate, and develop new opportunities
- Support selling efforts of Account Executives
Skills – Experience and Requirements:
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to easily understand technology and communicate it to prospects
- Quick learner and self-starter with an entrepreneurial work ethic
- Results-oriented team player with a committed effort to meet individual goals
- Ambition to grow within company: this position may lead to an Inside Sales Representative position
Customer and Operations Support Superstar
Are you great with people, patient and empathetic but a quick learner and worker? Captricity is seeking one or two super-stars to help with our customer support and daily operations. This is the perfect opportunity for the right person to get in on the ground floor and potentially grow with our rapidly-expanding startup.
The primary focus of this job will be to keep our customers smiling while giving the best possible experience on our site. You will:
- Be customers’ first point of contact via email and occasionally phone.
- Answer questions you can precisely, clearly and quickly in a friendly, personable tone.
- Properly triage, escalate and communicate issues you cannot solve.
- Support in operational and administrative tasks as needed
Employment is available on a full-time or part-time basis, with a flexible start date. Still a student? We’re happy to work with you to find a schedule that fits your class schedule, with fulltime work beginning June or July 2014.
Because we are a startup, you may have the opportunity to support in some sales, marketing, PR and other roles as our needs and your interests align. We are a small team that collaborates closely, and we encourage you to take initiative and grow within the job and company. Similarly, we all occasionally take on tasks outside our immediate jobs and will occasionally expect you to do the same. As such, we seek someone with the following skills.
- Patient, detail-oriented and well-organized
- Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced and occasionally high-pressure setting
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient, but also able to collaborate closely in a team
- Flexible and adaptable to an evolving environment, and a quick learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate both problems and solutions clearly, effectively and kindly
- Upbeat, positive, even-tempered and empathetic, able to easily connect with people of different backgrounds
- Can-do attitude with good problem-solving skills
- A desire to help make this world a better place by increasing people’s access to important data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in a startup, retail, food service and/or hospitality is a plus
- Computer- and tech-savvy is a plus
- College Degree
USG Growth Hacker
Location: Washington DC
Captricity is looking for a team member to transform the public sector in this country and how citizens interact with their government. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial professional with the charisma of a BD rep and superb writing skills. You’ll be responsible for leading proposals, whitepapers, and collateral to support channel partners. You’ll also get your hands dirty at networking events and client/partner meetings to generate sales opportunities and provide partners with the resources and knowledge they need to develop and close business.
You’ll report to and work closely with a Captricity veteran and a small constellation of initial partners to build Captricity’s public sector foundation. The fun, flexibility, and challenge of building a business (almost) from scratch should appeal to you. We’re focused on measurement and process to drive results – we look forward to you bringing a similar passion.
Who you are…
- Compelling communicator: Strong written communication skills – experience writing articles, creating compelling messaging, and/or production of marketing content.
- Energetic and Creative: Entrepreneurial attitude and you thrive in a high-growth environment; past work with venture-funded firms a plus.
- Experienced: 3+ years of experience in journalism, proposal writing, or product marketing – ideally for government. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; masters a plus.
- Results Driven: Proven track record of driving results & collaborating across functional teams. You can point to how you measure your activities, progress and results.
- A Culture Fit: You’ve lived, felt, and/or feel passionate about the transformative impact of data. Our mission resonates with you. You also like to have fun; at work and after.
Some of the things you’ll be doing…
- Create written proposals, responses, whitepapers, marketing collateral and channel support materials.
- Support strategic business development activities and key customer engagements.
- Evangelize to build the Captricity brand and identify sales/ partnership opportunities at conferences, trade shows, and networking events.
- Identify, select, on-board, train and assess new channel partners – includes creating content for channel enablement and managing communication.
- Direct events, conference participation, webinars and other direct lead generation activities.
- Help hire and grow the DC team strategically.
If you doubt there is a massive, untapped opportunity in this space, please check out our case studies or think about your last trip to the DMV.
No position below but you still think you’d be a great fit? Drop us a line.