- Member of technical staff (Full-stack, with frontend emphasis)
- Member of technical staff (Test emphasis)
- Solutions Architect
- Sales Development Representative
- Customer and Operations Support Superstar
We’re hiring passionate, energetic people to help us solve interesting problems with real-world impact. From federal government agencies to MIT’s Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab and non-profit activists, the organizations that use Captricity are doing amazing and important work that helps people and communities far outside the usual reach of Silicon Valley.
The team comes from all over, and we all share the conviction that what we do here has real, palpable impact on the lives of those who are much less privileged than we are. We believe that access to data can transform organizations and communities, and we work hard to make that happen.
Our investors share our passion, including Chamath Palihapitiya (Social+Capital), Jeff Fagnan (Atlas Ventures), the Knight Foundation, Dave Goldberg, and Mitch Kapor.
Compensation: You’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits, as well as equity befitting the responsibility of the position. More than this, though, the biggest thing we can offer is the experience of doing it and the chance to really change the world.
How to apply: Send an email to email@example.com with the name of the job in the subject line. Include your resume and a brief paragraph describing why you’re applying. Add anything else you think might help.
Member of technical staff (Full-stack, with frontend emphasis)
Are you passionate about building great products with the user in mind?
We run a tight ship around here: that means code reviews, unit tests, and bi-weekly production pushes. The releases are now named after the “best cheesy bands of the 80s” (of course after we exhausted historical figures with glorious mustaches A-Z). Periodically, we run challenge weeks where you demonstrate your creativity and make your own innovative projects a reality.
- Experience building great products with strong user-centric focus
- Proficiency with technologies like python, django, jquery, backbone.js, angular.js
- Good technical taste and attention to detail to match
- Get stuff done right the first time
Member of technical staff (Full-stack, Test emphasis)
Are you passionate about software quality? Do you love to poke holes and find faults and take pride in ensuring that everything works perfectly?
We need you to help build out our Test Engineering automation and increase our test coverage. We already have code reviews, unit tests and continuous integration, but we are not satisfied with where we are and want to take our quality engineering to the next level of sophistication.
Your responsibilities will include test design, test implementation, test execution spanning the full spectrum of whitebox, blackbox, integration, end-to-end, scalability and reliability testing. You must be able to code; this role encompasses much more than manual testing.
- Testing experience, especially with cloud-based software-as-a-service
- Experience with testing both front-end and back-end systems
- Proficiency with test automation tools and frameworks
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective communication and collaborative skills
Whether in rural Namibia or Washington, DC, the Captricity field services team is the vanguard of many organizations’ digital future.
- Design, implement, administer and support large Captricity deployments, and provide direct technical support for the planning, coordination, and implementation.
- Monitor and tune deployment performance, plan for capacity / workload.
- Regularly interface with technical and business customers, and serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
- Create and execute test plans, identify potential opportunities, and generally exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Passion for customer success – Ability to empathically listen and understand needs and requirements to design, engineer and implement solutions
- Experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Consulting experience
- Ability to provide customer training when needed
- Effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Troubleshoot unknown IT systems
- Travel up to 50%
Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Rep will play an integral role in driving the growth of our customer base and revenue through generating qualified leads for our Mid Market and Enterprise sales reps. This is an excellent opportunity to start your technical sales career.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outbound calls to lead campaigns consisting of warm leads and cold calls
- Qualify inbound leads via phone, webform, and email
- Identify opportunities, generate interest, qualify, educate, and develop new opportunities
- Support selling efforts of Account Executives
Skills – Experience and Requirements:
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to easily understand technology and communicate it to prospects
- Quick learner and self-starter with an entrepreneurial work ethic
- Results-oriented team player with a committed effort to meet individual goals
- Ambition to grow within company: this position may lead to an Inside Sales Representative position
Customer and Operations Support Superstar
Are you great with people, patient and empathetic but a quick learner and worker? Captricity is seeking one or two super-stars to help with our customer support and daily operations. This is the perfect opportunity for the right person to get in on the ground floor and potentially grow with our rapidly-expanding startup.
The primary focus of this job will be to keep our customers smiling while giving the best possible experience on our site. You will:
- Be customers’ first point of contact via email and occasionally phone.
- Answer questions you can precisely, clearly and quickly in a friendly, personable tone.
- Properly triage, escalate and communicate issues you cannot solve.
- Support in operational and administrative tasks as needed
Employment is available on a full-time or part-time basis, with a flexible start date. Still a student? We’re happy to work with you to find a schedule that fits your class schedule, with fulltime work beginning June or July 2014.
Because we are a startup, you may have the opportunity to support in some sales, marketing, PR and other roles as our needs and your interests align. We are a small team that collaborates closely, and we encourage you to take initiative and grow within the job and company. Similarly, we all occasionally take on tasks outside our immediate jobs and will occasionally expect you to do the same. As such, we seek someone with the following skills.
- Patient, detail-oriented and well-organized
- Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced and occasionally high-pressure setting
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient, but also able to collaborate closely in a team
- Flexible and adaptable to an evolving environment, and a quick learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate both problems and solutions clearly, effectively and kindly
- Upbeat, positive, even-tempered and empathetic, able to easily connect with people of different backgrounds
- Can-do attitude with good problem-solving skills
- A desire to help make this world a better place by increasing people’s access to important data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in a startup, retail, food service and/or hospitality is a plus
- Computer- and tech-savvy is a plus
- College Degree
No position below but you still think you’d be a great fit? Drop us a line.